11. Municipal Rose Garden: A San Jose city landmark, the garden features roses in bloom year-round. Visitors can stroll through the roses and relax on benches around the fountain or on the grass.
10. Elements Restaurant: Elements is a local one-of-a-kind restaurant hidden in the CVS shopping center area. Their menu is French and Vietnamese fusion with a modern twist and features organic, local and seasonal ingredients.
9. Sunset Picnic at Almaden Lake: What could be more romantic than watching the sun set over Almaden Lake together?
8. Quicksilver Park: Traverse these rolling hills with a hot date. There are numerous courses, loops and trails to choose from, depending on the couple’s desired difficulty levels. Couples will be rewarded at the top with a fantastic view of the valley.
7. Santa Teresa Golf Course: The open driving range is a fun place to practice with a date. Even if he or she is not interested in golf, the restaurant located on the course has quiet, relaxing dining and overlooks the sprawling greens.
6. In-N-Out Burger: The cheapest “fine dining” a person can find in Almaden. Be sure to check out the secret menu online to try funky variations of items, like animal-style fries (french fries topped with grilled onions and cheese).
5. Horseback riding lessons: Numerous horse ranches scattered around Old and New Almaden offer lessons or tours. No previous experience or equiment required.
4. New Almaden: Wander through one of the first mercury ore mining sites in California. Visit the local cemetery and look at some of the unique inscriptions (“Here lies his arm”), tour the mining history museum, and investigate the original post office. Finish your day with some food at La Foret.
3. Geocaching: Like an outdoor scavenger hunt, find thousands of geocaches (items that are hidden at locations whose coordinates have been posted on the Internet) scattered throughout Almaden Valley. Download the free app and start hunting for them with a date. Learn more at www.geocaching.com.
2. Triathlon of games: Start off with bowling at Bolmor Lanes, then move on to mini golf at Golfland (ride the waterslides too if the weather is warm). Finish up with some Bocce Ball at Almaden Lake and a barbeque using one of the free grills.
1. Go exploring for photo booths: After catching dinner and a movie at Oakridge Mall, go on the hunt for as many photo booths as possible, making sure to stop and use each one.